The Americam Airlines flight was full from Miami to Port Au Prince today with groups from all over the world on various missions, US army personnel , diplomatic staff and Haitians returning home. After landing we were transported by bus to a large temmorary customs hall that was most likely some sort of storage area before the quake. The oppressive heat, crowds and noise of the hall held a hopeful energy for the work to be done.
Karl from AMURT was waiting for me outside the customs hall and quickly escorted me to his vehicle and we made the short trip across town to the school where we are based. AMURT is extremely lucky to have this partially completed school intact and it is a very comfortable base. I had time to meet some of the children taking some recreational martial arts class in the compound and also get the tour of the compound so I could start to feel at home. I pitched my tent, texted home and then met some of the other volunteers.
We do hav sporadic internet access and we will be able to upload a few photos - however due to bandwidth limits here - we have to keep the uploading to a minimum. I will make sure I load the rest when I get back to Miami.
At 6pm Toni arrived back from her full day at a camp clinic today....however Toni will tell you all about it.
Dr Toni Bark; MD and Helen Gracie, CEO of Scenar Health, have volunteered on a medical mission in Haiti during April 2010.
- Video from Toni
- How Long Can Heaven Last ?
- How SCENAR Was Seeded in Haiti
- A Typical Day in Haiti on our Medical Mission
- My Meeting With Alison Thompson
- Meeting Alison Thompson
- Pentionville Country Club
- The Internet cafe without coffee or internet
- Another album from Haiti from Toni and Helen
- Second Album from Toni
- Dr Toni Bark uploads pictures from Haiti
- Haiti Nights
- Sunday in Port Au Prince
- The First Days
- Port Au Prince
- Helen has arrived in Miami - meeting with Toni tom...
- I Scored Big Today
- Peer reviewed research that supports SCENAR and Ul...
- another generous donation
- preparing for our trip
- ▼ April (20)